Allan Jeffs was born in Santiago, Chile in 1973 and has been a resident in Ecuador since 1975. He has participated in more than 30 art and design shows in the United States, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Spain, Costa Rica, China and Cuba.
Since 1995 Allan has been working on visual arts, installation views, animation and design proposals.
He currently develops Art + Science + Technology with Biotechnological investigators. He is Coordinator of ARTEA (Residencies for Artists in Antarctica), which develops proposals for Bio Art and investigation on the Antarctic Continent.
He has completed three expeditions to Antarctica and is currently planning other research trips. He has represented the Ecuadorian Antarctic Institute in aspects of Art-Science residency projects at international meetings such as the RAPAL (Latin American Meeting of Administrators for National Antarctic Programs) and several museums in Argentina and Chile.
- 2010: Ibero-American Excellence of Design Award. Ibero-American Biennial of Design in Madrid, BID10 Mataderos Cultural Center, Madrid, Spain
- 2009: Honorable Video Art Mention, FAAL & Outdoor Arts Festival, Municipality of Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2005: First Prize “FASHION ART” Art & Fasion, Museum of Contemporary Art of Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- 2003: Second prize at the Biennial of Design of Quito, Ecuador.
- 1997: First prize at “CAPACITARTE HALL”. Organized by The British Council and Central Bank of Ecuador.
- 1994: Honorable Art Student Recognition. “E.A.P” School of Visual Arts of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 1991: First Prize “SALON EXPO ARTE ESTUDIANTES 91”. Félix Henríquez Hall, Catholic University of Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- 1984: Honorable Art Mention at “LIDICE 84”, Czech Republic.
- 1982: Honorable Art Mention at “13th World Expo for Childrens’ Art”. China.
- ARTEA, Art and Science Residencies Project in the Antarctica.
- ART+SCIENCE Investigation
- Micrography, Exposure of images with radiation, developed in biotechnological and microbiology labs
Artwork in museum collections
- MAC Colection, Contemporary Art Museum of Santigo de Chile
- Isla Dee in Petri Dish, fungus, bacteria y yeast in latency developed in a biosecure laboratory at the Pedro Vicente Maldonado Station in the Antarctica
- MAAC Collection, Anthropology and Contemporary Art Museum of Guayaquil, Ecuador
- The Vile Metal, Mixed media on canvas.
- Radiographies, Medio Mixto in PVC, Artwork is hanging in on the dome of the lobby at the MAAC.
- Dress, dress paint and design
- 2014: Ex+Sistencia, instalation and BIOart executed in the Antarctica. Espacio 251, Viejo San juan, Puerto Rico.
- 2012: Ex+Sistencia, installation and BIOart executed in the Antarctica at the MAAC, Anthropology and Contemporary Art Museum, Authorial Hall, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2010: Animated Short Film at the MAAC THEATRE, Museum of Contemporary Art of Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2007 Video-Art in the Lobby Dome at the MAAC, Anthropology and Contemporary Art Museum of Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2006: “Antropométrica”. MAAC, Anthropology and Contemporary Art Museum of Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2005: Silk Gallery, Viejo San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2002: NO TITTLE, Experimental Gallery at TC TV, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2000: Video Art intervention on primetime news program. TC TV Channel 10, Ecuador
- 1999: “The Vile Metal” Olé Gallery, Viejo San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1996: “ROOM 8” British Council Gallery, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1992: “GALERIA EL PUNTO” Viejo San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1992: “DISEÑO HUMANO” Félix Henríquez Hall, Architecture and Urbanism Faculty at the Catholic University of Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2015: PARATY EM FOCO, Photographic exhibition, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 2013: SUR POLAR V, Installation view in Antarctica, Museum of Water, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 2011: Colored Horses Collective urban exhibition, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2011: Madrid Ibero-American Biannual of Design (Biannual Prize), Ibero-American Design of Excellence, BID-10 DIMAD, Mataderos Cultural Center, Madrid, Spain
- 2010: Hand Made Visuals, Performance, MAAC Cine, Guayaquil Ecuador
- 2009: “Full Space” Empty Space Art Gallery, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2007: Video-Art Biennial, MADC, The Contemporary Art Museum, Costa Rica
- 2007: “Contemporary Art Keys II”, Retrospect of Ecuadorian Contemporary Art, Museum of Contemporary Art, MAAC, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2006: “Contemporary Art Keys I”, Retrospect of Ecuadorian Contemporary Art, Museum of Contemporary Art, MAAC, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2006: “Collective 13”, Museum of Bahía de Caráquez & Museum of the City of Manta. Both museums are from Central Bank of Ecuador, Manta and Bahía de Caráquez, Ecuador
- 2005: Film Festival about Everyday Violence, Video Art. Cinemas 8 y Medio. Quito, Ecuador
- 2005: Video Art Presentation, 4th Festival of Street Art, Quito, Ecuador
- 2005: “Empty Space” Insertion of Art in Public Spheres, Panamá St. Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2005: “Little Gift of Democracy”, Designers’ Collective Exhibition. Guayas Center for Culture, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 2000: “One of a Kind” Artist’s Book from Ecuador Permanent Exhibition, Art Nexus Foundation for Today’s Arts, Philadelphia, USA
- 1998: “INVADECUENCA” Installation Views, VI International Biannual of Cuenca, Ecuador
- 1997: Capacitarte Hall, Collective exhibition & first prize. Antropology Museum of Central Bank of Ecuador & The British Council, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1997: The Zuákata Phenomenon, conferences and art actions called “Culture and Development Sessions” at the VI International Art Biennial of Havana, Cuba.
- 1997: “APÉNDICE” Installation Views & Performances at Zuákata, Alternative Art Space, Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- 1997: “EL ARRANQUE” Collective Exhibition of Installation Views & Performances at Madeleine Hollaender Art Gallery, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1997: “Art Invasions of Everyday Spaces 8/4 (Eight rooms)”, French Alliance of Guayaquil, INNFA, National Institute for Children and Families, for the benefit of children with the AIDS, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1997: "Ayampe 5 HILLS" Art Invasion of Everyday Spaces. Visual and performance landscape, art Insertion in the public sphere, Ayampe, Ecuador
- 1996: "SOLEDAD Urbana" Installation views and Performance. Art Invasions of Everyday Spaces, Abandoned Railroad Park neighborhood, Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- 1996: "INVADUMBRE II", 30.000 sq. feet installation view and performance, Art Invasion of Everyday Spaces, building under construction, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1996: “Apéndice” Actions, performance and experimental music, ZUÁKATA Alternative Cultural Space, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1996: Opening exhibition for ZUÁKATA Alternative Cultural Space, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1995: “INVADUMBRE I” Insertion of Art in the Public Sphere, Malecón Simón Bolívar, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1993: Collective Exhibition of installations views at the School of Visual Arts, Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1991: "STUDENT ART EXPO 91” First Prize. Felix Henríquez Hall, Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism of the Catholic University, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- 1990: "First Impression", Graphic Arts Workshop. Guayas Center for Culture, Guayaquil, Ecuador